Where are your stories now?
We will be reading all your wonderful stories!
Your stories will be sent to the Goodwill Ambassador!
July - August
The selected stories will be sent to the International Commission!
Winners will be announced!
How to enter the competition:
Who can enter?
The creative writing competition is open to all children aged 8-12 years old, whether in private education, government schools or for those who are home-schooled. Entries open for the third year to all children resident in the G.C.C. region, including our children of determination. Stories can be submitted by students, parents and teachers – and each submission is free of charge. A Voices of Future Generations Gold Winner will not hold eligibility to re-enter the competition.
What are the guidelines?
- Please write stories that will appeal to children who are 6 years or older.
- Write a story that is between 600 and 1,500 words long.
- Submit your entry online in a single-spaced word document in size 12 font, divided in clear paragraphs, in either Arabic or English.
- Include themes around children’s rights and sustainable development, and your own vision for a sustainable future.
- Your story must be original and written for this competition only.
- The story submissions will be open from December 2021.
- Round 3 (2021-2022) of the competition will accommodate two submission dates.
Early Submission: 10 April 2022
Final Submission: 31 May 2022
How would the stories be judged?
- The stories meeting the criteria set for the story format will be accepted upon submission through the Voices of Future Generations website.
- The entries will be read by a panel of educators at the Voices of Future Generations for the Middle East Region Team.
- The 11 short-listed stories will be sent to an International Commission of leading experts and agencies, and Goodwill Ambassadors for key regions of the world, who will select the winning entries.
What is the Prize?
- Winning child authors will be awarded gold, silver and bronze medals and certificates.
- Teacher volunteers as Voices of Future Generations Champions will receive certificates and awards at the Voices of Future Generations for the Middle East Region Awards Ceremony.
- The shortlisted stories will get published in a regional anthology by the Emirates Literature Foundation.
Make sure you are registered with us before you submit your story!